- Family Media and its sister company Tune Inn are equal opportunity employers.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Family Media does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Family Media Job Openings
Family Media is a leader in Christian Media and one of the largest independent Christian media companies in Africa. Our mission is to create and publish compelling media on all possible channels that inspires and encourages the audience to have a meaningful relationship with Christ and to build up a daily relationship with Jesus. To achieve our mandate, we wish to hire the following:
- RADIO PRESENTER
- 35 years and above?
- Born again Christian with a passion for music and radio?
Do you have:
- A Diploma or Degree in Mass Communication or a related field?
- At least five years’ experience as a Radio Presenter?
- Knowledge of the Christian Contemporary Music scene?
- Skills and experience doing production work in radio?
To apply, send a cover letter, detailed CV as well as a 5 minute audio recording consisting of 3 links in between 2 songs each being a minute long to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title Radio Presenter as the email subject.
2. BROADCAST ASSISTANT
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the station’s imaging
- Checking if the equipment is in good condition. Live assist for live shows
- Download and edit shows
- Editing TV Voiceovers and different programs
- Cutting adverts and mentions immediately after shows
- Responsible for monitoring the signal and ensuring we are on air at all times in all our frequencies.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the department
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have strong organisational skills.
- Knowledge of the Radio market, different station and programme styles, and audience demographics.
- Good knowledge and good ear for sound, music genres, artists and updates.
- Knowledge and ability to work with different Radio Automation and editing software’s.
- A high level of IT skills – particularly good word-processing and data handling skills.
- Ability to learn how to use a variety of recording equipment, and to operate different radio studios.
- Ability to conduct effective internet research, use relevant computer software for audio recording, editing, and, packaging when necessary.
- Creative thinking, idea generation and problem solving skills.
- Must have confidence and tenacity to pursue information and overcome obstacles.
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines.
- At least a Diploma in Mass Media, Radio Production, Journalism or a related field.
- At least two years’ experience in radio production.
- A good overall knowledge of the radio industry and the specifics.
- Ability to read and voice scripts will be an added advantage.
Qualified and interested candidates for the vacancy should email a cover letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com with the job title Broadcast Assistant as the email subject.
3. SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT CREATOR
Family Media is looking for a passionate and creative person to help us achieve our mandate in the position of a Social Media Content Creator.
- Develop content for social media in collaboration with producers
- Engage with our different audience and come up with new ways to do this
- Monitor progress using analytical tools
- Prepare daily and weekly reports for management
- Come up with different social media campaigns
- Respond to questions and comments on the social media platforms
- Take and edit photos and videos
- A good understanding of the main social media channels such as; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Previous marketing/social media experience
- Excellent customer care skills
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, Public Relations or in a related field
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.