- Family Media and its sister company Tune Inn are equal opportunity employers.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Family Media does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Family Media Job Openings
We are looking for a candidate who is able to assemble, operate and maintain the technical equipment used to record, amplify, enhance, mix or reproduce sound in our TV studio.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assess the acoustics of the performance area and assemble and operate the necessary equipment
• Consult with producers and performers to determine the sound requirements
• Select, position, adjust and operate the equipment used for amplification and recording
• Fix microphones to people who appear in the programmes
• Set up, position and operate sound booms, microphones and loudspeakers
• Apply technical knowledge of sound recording equipment to achieve the determined artistic objectives
• Record sound onto digital audio tape or hard disk recorders
• Monitor audio signals to detect sound-quality deviations or malfunctions
• Anticipate and correct any sound related problems
• Maintain and repair sound equipment
• Have studied Sound Engineering or a related field
• Have at least one year of experience doing sound and handling lapel microphones
• Have knowledge in sound acoustics and electronics
• Have a good sense of pitch, rhythm, and be able to distinguish sound quality
• Be versatile in using sound softwares and be able to use audio equipment
• Be a team player, flexible, work long hours and excel under pressure
• Have a crazy passion for media work